Our Cricketing History

Our cricketing connections are thanks to the Walker family. The Walker family lived in Southgate for 141 years from 1777 to 1918. The seven Walker brothers were laid to rest in the Walker Vault in the churchyard. The brothers founded Southgate Cricket Club in 1855, Middlesex County Cricket Club in 1864, and were instrumental in establishing the home of the county at Lords in 1877. V.E.Walker was described by Lillywhite’s Guide to Cricket as the world’s best all-round cricketer. The church contains several memorials to the family. Find out more in these display boards (see below or click here to download).

  • Sunday Services

    8am Eucharist
    10am Sung Eucharist
    6.30pm Evensong


    7.30pm Eucharist


    11am Eucharist


    12.30pm Eucharist


    9.30am Morning Prayer
    5.30pm Evening Prayer


    9am Eucharist