As a result of COVID-19 we are unable to marry couples at Christ Church at present
If you want to be married at Christ Church, in the first instance phone or email the Vicar, Fr Chrichton (020 8882 0917; email@example.com).
If you qualify to be married at Christ Church, you will be asked to complete a Marriage Form to start the process off and return it electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Christ Church, 1 The Green, Southgate, London, N14 7EG.
Fees for a Marriage in 2019.
The Church of England has clear rules about where couples can be married. These mean in practice that you can only be married at Christ Church:
- If one of you lives in the Parish or have done so at any time for a period of 6 months.
Got to A Church Near You and type in your post code to check which parish you live in.
- If one of you are on our Electoral Roll.
- If one of you has regularly gone to normal church services at Christ Church for at least 6 months before the date of your marriage.
- If one of you was baptised or prepared for confirmation at Christ Church.
- If one of your parents, at any time after you were born, lived in the parish or regularly attended normal church services worship at Christ Church for at least 6 months.
- If one of your parents or grandparents was married at Christ Church.
If you wish for your Banns to be read at Christ Church Southgate but will be married elsewhere, please use the Banns Only Form.
There is further information about church weddings that you may find useful on the Diocese of London website.