We are now able to offer weddings in church again, but subject to the Church of England Covid-19 guidelines. We are limited to a maximum total number of 15 people in the church during the service. However, please be aware that the government is strongly advising that there is no reception after the wedding as the social distancing guidelines for meeting in small groups still apply once you leave the church. We will take special precautions to ensure social distancing and reduce contact during the service.
To discuss a service in more detail and how the guidelines will affect you in practice, please contact Fr Chrichton (020 8882 0917; email@example.com).
If you qualify to be married at Christ Church, you will be asked to complete a Marriage Form to start the process off and return it electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Christ Church, 1 The Green, Southgate, London, N14 7EG.
The Church of England has clear rules about where couples can be married. These mean in practice that you can only be married at Christ Church:
- If one of you lives in the Parish or have done so at any time for a period of 6 months.
Got to A Church Near You and type in your post code to check which parish you live in.
- If one of you are on our Electoral Roll.
- If one of you has regularly gone to normal church services at Christ Church for at least 6 months before the date of your marriage.
- If one of you was baptised or prepared for confirmation at Christ Church.
- If one of your parents, at any time after you were born, lived in the parish or regularly attended normal church services worship at Christ Church for at least 6 months.
- If one of your parents or grandparents was married at Christ Church.
If you wish for your Banns to be read at Christ Church Southgate but will be married elsewhere, please use the Banns Only Form.
There is further information about church weddings that you may find useful on the Diocese of London website.